For the crust
For the filling
- 6 8 ounces pkg. full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 C Confectioners Swerve, or reduced-calorie sweetener of choice
- 5 large Eggs room temperature
- 8 oz. Sour Cream room temperature
- 1 TBS Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325F. Adjust the rack to the middle of the oven. Combine the crust dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix in the butter. Pour the crust mixture into a 9-inch x 3.5-inch springform pan and press halfway up the sides using your fingers. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. If you use a stand mixer use the paddle attachment.
- Add in the sweetener a little at a time (about 1/3).
- Add in the room temperature eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Finally, add in the vanilla and room temperature sour cream and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and even out the top. Bake in the preheated oven. Check after 50 minutes. The top should no longer be glossy and the center should still be jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the oven run a sharp paring knife between the cheesecake and the pan (this is to ensure the cake doesn’t stick. Do not remove the springform). Let sit on the counter for 1 hour.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the springform pan sides, decorate the top, and serve.